134.5

I am thinking more and more about my Maxell UR 90 Tinted Oval Window Cassette Shell / POSITION•NORMAL / JAPAN•JAPON cassette tape from the mid-80s. The cassette remains an impenetrable mystery, even after reverse importing it to Japan three times and bringing it to the diminutive Shinjuku Psychic twice. I quietly placed it in a locker in Ueno Station and walked away with the locker's yellow key. It will steep there like tea, becoming darker and more powerful. It will sit in the darkness until my three hundred Yen runs out, and the station’s locker attendant takes the locker's contents to the lost and found. What will the individual think when opening the locker door and seeing the unmarked cassette waiting for them? At the appropriate moment, when I receive the correct sign, I will try to track it down and see where it traveled to and what stories it has acquired along the way.